Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

mt. arayat

I grew up admiring Mt. Arayat. Our subdivision is near Sta. Ines exit and we were the first house in our street, this gave me a wonderful view of Mt. Arayat. Every morning, while the air is still dewy, I would sit in our balcony and see Mt. Arayat with a beautiful hue of green. And in the afternoon, when I was seven and trying to learn on how to ride a bike, its view makes me pedal some more. And when I reach the end of our street, it would be the sugarcane field and the view of Mt. Arayat.

Travelling from Manila to Mabalacat was exciting for me as a young kid. Excited to buy school supplies and/or see my cousins. And yep, Mt. Arayat plays a significant part, when going to Manila- it makes me see the fun things that I will be having and when going back to Mabalacat- it marks my territory and I feel at home and the air just smells sweeter.

Mt. Arayat, just like any other place in the Philippines has its folklore. They say its a home to Mariang Sinukuan and aside from that, it has signifance during the war.

In the middle of Kapatagan ng Gitnang Luzon is the mountain with twin peaks. Just looking at it gave me peace. Now, just remembering it gives me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment