Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

it's 2008

Hi 2008! What do you have in store for us? Bad or good? Whatever it is, God will guide us through! I’d better brace myself for you, haha. I wanna be somebody this year, there are things that I wanna do, will you let me? Please? Pretty please? If you let me, I’ll do my best. 2007 has been kind to me, in fact 2007 was great. Those wonderful things that I am left to do, I’ll still do. For the new things, am willing to try as long as it will do my family good. It’s all for my family now. I am not asking much. A simple life that is all I ask. Not much worry, no trouble, don’t give me things I can’t do. God knows what I can and cannot do, please consult with Him before throwing things at me. He has always blessed my life, I hope that this year, I can share more to others . Hope to understand people better, to gain friends. Hope to learn more to be able to share more. More patience means more peace and quiet. More peace and quiet means better thinking. Better thinking means desirable output. Good output means contentment. Contentment radiates happiness. Happiness is contagious.=) LOL, what can you say?


I have cooked Bringhe! It is the kapampangan version of valenciana or paella. No sweat! lol. Calrose rice is difficult to predict, do not know the water-rice ratio and also had a hard time looking for banana leaves. Euge said it tastes good, hehehe, his first bringhe ever. They had minimal stomache problem though, they had coconut milk from bringhe and then some mayonnaise from potato salad. Or they just ate too much! All of what we have prepared are carbs- bringhe, potato salad, spaghetti... lol.


We had such a different celebration. We are used to firecrackers and fireworks and noise and jumping, here there is stillness. No fireworks anywhere, no children jumping... we think we are the only ones awake in our block. Firecrackers are not allowed in Singapore neighborhood. Most of our neighbors, I think, went to street parties and waited for the countdown. We were invited to join some New Year Party but we humbly declined and preferred to stay home. =)


After eating, we slept. Too much to do for a day of holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment