Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Holy Week 2008

It's the holy week. You know what I am trying to giveup this whole week, well obviously not the internet, but just the sites that I am very much fond of, dollwar and friendster.

What I missed is, again, another family tradition of visita iglesia. We would walk from 6am to 12nn, completing 14 churches. We always start in San Roque Parish church and end in Binondo. We always have breakfast in front of UST chapel and have kwek kwek and squidballs in St. Jude.

I remember visiting San Fernando, Pampanga during this season. My elementary years were spent in Mabalacat, Pampanga where there are flagelants. But not as many as the flagelants in Cutud, Sn Fernando, my father's hometown. Cutud is where station of the cross is re-enacted including Jesus' cruxifiction. I cannot stand witnessing this. But I respect their ways of sacrifice and devotion.

I also remember my Lolo who would always warn us to not play or laugh during holy week. He says, Jesus just died, when you get hurt who'll heal you? Who'll save you from the devil? No TVs, no laughing, no grooming, no heavy chores.

So I grew up- can't remember for how many years, doing our lenten services, Palm Sunday - we join the procession, Maundy Thursday - penetential walk, Friday - procession, Saturday eve - renewal of baptismal vows and easter celebration. But for two years I've missed this. Hope that I can do this all with Euge next year.

This holy week, mama and papa, jing's parents visited us. They also flew in for their wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment